Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 5 Material

I am looking at the Tower of Anne Hoy example. I do understand the literal meaning behind the code but I am still having trouble understanding how it would execute. First we move the first n-1 cheeses to a intermediate stool, then we move the last piece of cheese which is also the biggest cheese that we intended to move to the designation stool, and at last we move the cheeses on the intermediate stool to the designation. However, I have a few confusions. When n = 1, I think we would still have to move the cheese from the source stool to the designation stool, but in the else clause, we are simply printing that we made such action.

I find it very not helpful if I could not understand the execution since I would not know the output for each step.


No comments:

Post a Comment