Friday, December 6, 2013

Week 11 Material

The main focus of the week is the regular expression tree node that we used in assignment 2. I think the by using the regular expression tree node, we form a unique tree which symbols are restricted to 6 kinds.

We came up with several different functions for the regextreenode class. For instance, the built-in equivalency function for the class. Since different tree node would have different memory addresses, therefore the function __eq__ is crucial otherwise, the nodes would not be equal even when the symbols and the children are the same.

I still have trouble processing how does the map reduce works and its difference toward a list comprehension. To me, they look very similar. I think I will need to take some time and figure it out. I would also like to know the office hours for the beginning of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment